I just finished adding FreeTextBox 2.0.7 to my installation of .Text. It was a little painful, but not too bad. FreeTextBox 2.x has support for Mozilla and FireFox. Since I have decided to start using FireFox, I wanted to be able to still use the rich editing for posting to my blog. Here’s what I did:

  • Get the browsercaps settings from here and place the one for Gecko in the web.config file
  • Add this method to the Admin/WebUI/Utilities.cs file:
internal static bool CheckIsIE55OrGecko(){
return (“IE” == HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.Browser &&
(HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.MajorVersion > 5 ||
(HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.MajorVersion >= 5 &&
HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.MinorVersion >= 5)) ||
((“gecko” == HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.Browser.ToLower()) &&
HttpContext.Current.Request.Browser.MajorVersion >= 1));
}
  •  Change every instance of “Utilities.CheckIsIE55()” to “Utilities.CheckIsIE55OrGecko()” in Admin/UserControls/EntryEditor.ascx.cs
  • Change line 95 in Admin/UserControls/EntryEditor.ascx to this:
<FTB:FreeTextBox id=“ftbBody” runat=“server” width=“98%” visible=“true” />
  • Change all references to FreeTextBox 1.x in the DotText projects to reference FreeTextBox 2.0.7.
  • Upload all the new binaries and the ascx file to your site.
I also switched to the “blue” theme, since “lighty” just doesn’t quite look right with FireFox.